Your home or office is so full of excess stuff that you can’t even move anymore? It’s time to part with some of your things. The easiest way would be to store them inside mobile storage pods in Melbourne.
What are mobile storage pods? How can they solve your storage problems?
Stay with us in this article and you’ll learn what mobile storage pods are, how they work, their sizes, and the best cheap storage options.
What Are Mobile Storage Pods?
Mobile storage pods are shipping containers (like the ones we often see on the docks) utilised for storage. As the name suggests, mobile storage pods are completely portable.
Therefore, instead of you transporting your stuff to a storage facility, the storage space comes to you. Fundamentally, all mobile storage subcategories work like that.
However, there are also some mobile storage services that cater to different storage needs, such as;
- Mobile Serviced Storage, in which the company does the A-Z for you. They will send professional removalists to pack your things, load them into a storage pod, and transport that storage pod into the storage facility. Suitable for people with busy schedules.
- Mobile Self Storage, where you have full control over how you want to organise and stack the storage pod. All you need to do is ask the company to drop off a pod at your house and ask them to collect it once you finish organising it.
- Mobile Onsite Storage, which is a service suitable for people who need access to their belongings. The company will drop off a pod at your premises and leave it there. Then, you can put the pod at your house for as long as you like.
Benefits of Mobile Storage Pods
What are the benefits of utilising these storage pods? Aside from being completely mobile, there are still many benefits mobile storage pods can offer, such as;
- Up to 50% cheaper than the regular self-storage facility (more on this in the next section).
- Have multiple services that cater to different needs.
- Complete protection for your stuff. The pods are made from quality steel that is waterproof, dustproof, and vermin-proof.
- If you choose a good company, you will get protective materials such as bubble wrap, furniture blankets, packing papers, and boxes for free.
- No fixed-term contracts at all. You can extend your rental week by week without a due date to return the container.
- Your goods are covered with insurance in case damage happens.
Mobile Storage Pods Sizes and Prices (Cheap Storage Option)
This service is certainly the cost-effective option in the storage industry.
Mobile storage pods have different sizes. Each size has a different price. Therefore, it is crucial that you choose the right size in order to save money.
There are four standard pod sizes, which are;
- 6ft Containers = store up to 2 bedrooms worth of things = $3.27 per day.
- 8ft Containers = store up to 2.5 bedrooms worth of things = $4.7 per day.
- 10ft Containers = store up to 3 bedrooms worth of things = $6.13 per day.
- 20ft Containers = store a 4-bedroom house worth of things = $8.56 per day.
As you can see from the price breakdown, the smaller pod you choose, the lower price you pay.
Mobile storage pods are an effective storage solution that puts the needs of customers first. With full mobility and versatile services, mobile storage pods can help many people with different storage needs.
These pods are also available to rent indefinitely, are covered by insurance, and come with protective materials. Plus, they are cheaper than the regular self-storage facility and more diverse in size.
You can see why mobile storage pods are popular, right?